The US Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the marketing bid process, leading marketing strategy and oversight for a team of marketing coordinators, to convert business opportunities to clients for a range of sectors. The US Marketing Manager works closely with business development, global marketing team members and leadership to develop winning materials that communicate a clearly defined value proposition while supporting the HLW brand, and further the firm's well established reputation as an industry leader. With a project management based approach, the candidate excels at collaborating in a fast-paced environment, managing teams and resourcing effectively to deliver exceptional marketing proposals on time, with limited oversight.
This position reports directly to the Global Communications Manager and indirectly to the Global Marketing Director, while working closely with Leadership and Managing Directors in all US locations.
- Partner with Business Development and Leadership to identify and develop creative solutions to enhance client pitch proposals.
- Participate and guide all stages of the procurement process from initial onset to proposal preparation to interviews; manage competing deadlines and priorities and resource team accordingly.
- Review all incoming RFPs and highlight critical items including deadlines, submission format and additional requirements while Leadership discusses go/no go decisions.
- Assess all incoming marketing requests (via Opportunity Request Form), related to bids, input into Dynamics, request timesheet activation from Billing Department, then set up prospect folders and resource marketing support.
- Lead and coordinate marketing team procurement efforts at a high level, remaining in constant contact with Marketing Coordinators assigned to efforts to ensure the team is producing exceptional and well thought out content with great attention to detail.
- Review all recent RFPs/presentations from production level, work with coordinators to improve workflow, high level graphic standards and content creation.
- Oversee and engage in layout and production of qualifications, proposals, brochures, headshots, award submittals and preparation of presentations. (QA/QC)
- Oversee and manage deadlines (proposals, qualifications, presentations) and team resourcing.
- Maintain Go/No-Go forms, open prospect numbers, update Dynamics opportunities; coordinate with Partners, Principals, Project Managers and BD team for consistencies.
- Assist Business Development team in maintaining the pipelines for each US office; ensure that proposal submissions and final fees are reflected in our CRM.
- Manage coordination of project closeout process including marketing closeout reports from staff and Deltek Vision software entry.
- Act as main point of contact for all incoming requests for marketing support and resources; direct bid team and brand team as needed (advertisements, networking event materials, etc).
- Maintain organization of marketing master toolkit on shared drives.
- Identify/Review/Implement Go/No-Go form information for all incoming prospects.
- Report on all US-based activities on a weekly basis to Global Leadership and Communications.
- Ensure Project Managers are providing updated project information to Marketing during the progress of, and at the completion of, all projects.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective RFP response process to maximize creation of new business within the firm’s established goals and objectives.
- Support firm-wide efforts to reinforce HLW’s brand identity in global marketing collateral and external messaging including: client proposals, brochures, presentations, and advertisements.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of new hires to ensure proper development of employee headshots, resumes, etc.
Skills and Attributes:
- 5-7 years of professional marketing experience; minimum 3 years’ experience within the AEC industry.
- Experience managing a team; strong supervisory skills.
- Strong project management experience with the ability to initiate work, anticipate obstacles, make strategic decisions, and follow through to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership traits; ability to manage expectations and communicate effectively to stakeholders and Leadership.
- Adaptable and resourceful in prioritizing against tight deadlines, with diplomacy.
- Exhibit high levels of organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint).
- Proficient knowledge of CRM databases. Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurances, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, maternity and paternity leave, travel insurances, tuition assistance, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status. Our work tells your story.