HLW is an organization of architects, interior designers, workplace strategists and thought leaders working with vibrant global organizations. Our offices in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles and London are strategically located to serve our clients globally. Collaborating with our clients we are building a future that will respond to how buildings - inside and out - perform to support the dynamic ways technology and the global theatre are changing. Our designs tell our clients’ stories. Be a part of a global, collaborative culture that fosters creativity and innovation. For more about our culture and thought leadership, visit our website www.hlw.com.
The Job Captain is responsible for executing the technical aspects of projects, including drawing production and construction administration, with supervision by Senior or intermediate technical staffs.
Position reports to the Studio Managing Director / Studio Director
- Develop solutions and details independently and under the direction of the Project Architect/Designer.
- Produce drawings and perform tasks in support of the project team.
Assist Project Architect/Designer from design development through construction administration.
- Ability to execute work in the absence of the Project Architect/Designer.
- Produce design deliverables per contract.
- Anticipate problems and bring them to the attention of the Senior PA/AD.
- Knowledge and understand building codes, direct team members in the application of codes and standards.
- Generate project elements proficiently using CAD and Revit following office standards.
- Organize and present information to project team, consultant group and client.
- Coordinate specifications with construction documents.
- Develop filing documents and coordinate their signing and sealing with Partner-In-Charge.
- Make periodic site visits for observation of progress and character of work.
- Review shop drawings for compliance with documentation and recommend action. Identify questions and issues for review with Project Architect/Designer.
- Assist construction administration through project closeout.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- 3-8 years of professional experience in architecture and design.
- Proficient knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite and/or other design software.
- Newforma experience a plus.
- Participate in Marketing and Business Development for the firm.
- Show interest in understanding of design, detailing, materials and construction methods.
- Ability to take initiative in developing project scope and finding solutions for project issues.
- Ability to work on different projects in different phases.
- Adaptable to changing project schedules and deliverables.
*****Please combine work samples and resume as one pdf before uploading (required)******